The term “Electronics and Communication Engineering” denotes a broad engineering field that covers sub fields such as analog electronics, digital electronics, consumer electronics, embedded systems, communication systems, electromagnetic field theory, antenna design, microwave communication, power electronics, solid state devices, control systems, signal processing, VLSI design and many others. Electronics engineering deals with implementation of applications, principles and algorithms developed within many related fields. The beauty of electronics is it is used everywhere. From electronic goods manufacturer to hospitals, it is implemented in many devices. So, the future for this stream is highly positive. Its implementation is wide spread, and it is almost found in all streams. The microprocessors, mother boards, picture tubes, LED, LCD, mobile handset, camera and TV etc. are various electronic items, and you know about the impact they have created on billions of people and world’s economy. You can be a part of this huge world by getting into ECE at the engineering level. Apart from the electronics, you also have communications in this engineering. It is important in industries like telecommunications, posts & telegraph, defense, etc. The communications department is very crucial for important aspects, like country protection, etc.
Electronics & Communication Engineering is of the largest and fastest growing industries. It covers a wide range of applications we use daily and which make our life easier and enjoyable such as Television, Radio, Computers, and Telecommunications etc. Telecommunication electronics comprises of audio – video system, microwave system, satellite system, mobile radio system, radar system, fiber optics system, computer networking and digital and multimedia telecommunication systems. Electronics communication engineering involves work with fiber optics and telecommunications, television, radio, antenna for modern wireless communication etc. The uses are endless.
No field in the history of mankind has evolved so rapidly as the field of electronics. Some emerging fields of electronics are (i) Li-Fi (ii) Internet of Things (iii) RFID (iv) Outer net (v) Quantum computing (vi) Artificial intelligence (vii) Bio battery (viii) solar tree (ix) 5G System (x) pen pc technology (xi) wearable computing (xii) mobile phone cloning (xiii) polymer memory (xiv) Zig Bee Technology (xv) Artificial Eye (xvi) Brain chips (xvii) Google glass (xviii) 3D integrated circuits (xix) humanoid robot (xx) Multicore processor Technology etc.
The Govt. of India has set up several autonomous organizations, as given below, to address the requirements of different sectors of Electronics in a focused manner: National Informatics Centre (NIC); Centre for Development of Advanced Computing (C-DAC); Computer Maintenance Corporation Ltd.; Standardization, Testing & Quality Certifications (STQC) Directorate; Controller of Certification Authority(CCA); National Centre for Software Technology (NCST); Society for Applied Microwave Electronics Engineering and Research (SAMEER); ERNET Society; DOEACC Society; Centre for e-Governance; Centre for Electronics Design and Technology of India (CEDTI); Semiconductor Complex of India (SCI); Electronics Research & Development Centre of India; ET&T; Electronics and Software Export Promotion Council; Technology Development Council; National Radar Council; National Photonics Council; Electronics Materials Development Council. The Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) is one of the most important and influential organizations for electronics engineers.
1. Well trained, highly qualified, experienced and supportive faculty members.
2. Fully equipped Laboratories.
3. Practical Electronics based model development by the students of ECE from first year onwards.
4. The students are trained to be user friendly with different software related to ECE (Such as IE3D, HFSS, Circuit Maker, PCB express, Multisim, Matlab etc.)
5.Research based final year projects with research publications in different international journals of repute
6.Organization of Seminar and Workshop to make students familiar with advancement of Technology and gain confidence in technical subjects.
7. Industrial visit followed by industrial training
8. Remedial classes for weak students
9. Assessments of students by timely examination/class test
10. The students are guided by the faculty members according to their interests (ex: Job in IT or any core sector or Higher Studies) from 2nd year onwards
11. Soft skill development to get prepared for GD, PI, Technical round etc.
12. Preparatory guidance for AMCAT examination to get a successful career
13. Preparatory guidance for GATE examination to pursue higher studies, research or Govt. Jobs
The Electronics and communication engineers would be involved in sustaining cutting edge technology to stay ahead in competition. An electronic engineer can find a job in----
i) Consumer electronics manufacturing organization
ii) Telecommunication industries
iii) IT industries
iv) Health care equipment manufacturing
v) Mobile communication
vi) Power Electronics, and some other industries like
ix) Chemical industry
x) Automation industry
xiii) VLSI industry
xiv) Embedded technology
xv) Research and development etc.
The Electronic technicians and technologists can specialize in technical sales, product representation, systems management, the design and manufacture of electronic devices and systems, or the installation, maintenance and repair of electronic systems and equipment. They may also work with computers and electronic equipment in the medical, manufacturing, industrial control, telecommunications, aeronautical and military fields.
I welcome all the students & their parents to the Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering (ECE). The Department of Electronics & Communication Engineering at IMPSCET has a top-level quality assessment rating for teaching and reputation for research. It was established in 2003 with an intake of 60 students in the B‒Tech program. The course of Electronics and Communication Engineering covers the major fields of electronics like Microwave Engineering, DSP, Embedded systems, VLSI technology design, Electronic devices, Microprocessors & Microcontrollers, Antenna Design, Digital Communication, Satellite Communication, and mobile communication apart from basic subjects. The greatest assets of our department are its highly qualified faculty, well-equipped laboratories and hardworking disciplined students. The Department is enriched with qualified and experienced faculty members with several years of exposure in Electronics and Communication Engineering and its allied fields. The faculty members are also pursuing research work regularly followed by national and international publications to their credit. The students of this department are highly competent and ever enthusiastic. They are also keenly interested in research work and work regularly with faculty members to have national and international publications to their credit. The faculty members and students of this department are actively engaged in various development programs, training and workshops. The group of an experienced faculty member of the Department constantly motivates the students to make better future by means of job, research and higher studies; and the results reflect in their achievement.
The pass out students of the ECE Department of this college is now associated with pioneer Institutions like TU, Chemnitz, Germany, IIT Kharagpur, IIEST, Indian Institute of information technology and management (IIITM), University of Kalyani, Jadavpur University, and RTU etc for higher studies and research. Moreover, the students of this Department are also allied with prestigious organizations like BSNL, RELIANCE, SIEMENS, ZTE, TCS, CTS, INFOSYS, IBM, ACCENTURE, TECH MAHINDRA, ERICSSON L&T etc.
I hope that the students of the department of ECE will continue to deliver their best to serve the society and mankind. I will be happy to receive your suggestions for further improvement and development of our department
Dr. Sudipta Das
PhD (Tech.), M-IAENG,M-IACSIT, AM-UACEE
H.O.D. (Dept. of Electronics & Communication Engg.)
IMPS College of Engineering & Technology
AWARDS & HONOURS
1. The biography of Dr. Sudipta Das of Department of Electronics & Communication Engineering (ECE) is included in Marquis Who’s Who in the World 2016 (33rd Edition) for outstanding achievements in research.
2. The biography of Dr. Sudipta Das of Department of Electronics & Communication Engineering (ECE) is included in the 38th Edition of “Dictionary of International Biography”, published by the international biographical centre of Cambridge, England.
3. Dr. Sudipta Das of Department of Electronics & Communication Engineering (ECE) qualifies for Schottky Research Award-2015 in Electronics by IASR.
4. Dr. Sudipta Das of Department of Electronics & Communication Engineering (ECE) is nominated for MAN OF THE YEAR, 2015 by International Biographical centre.
5. Dr. Sudipta Das of Department of Electronics & Communication Engineering (ECE) is Selected in the list of the IBC TOP 100 Engneers~2017
6. Dr. Sudipta Das of Department of Electronics & Communication Engineering (ECE) is selected in world’s 500 most influential people in 2016 by USA NEWS CORPORATION and selected for academic excellence award-2016 in Microwave Engineering
Dr. Sudipta Das of Department of ECE holds the professional memberships of
1. International Association of Engineers (IAENG)
2. Computer Science Teachers Association (CSTA)
3. Internet Society (ISOC)
4. International Association of Online Engineering (IAOE)
5. Microwave, Antennas and Remote Society (MARS) of International Association of Computer Science and Information Technology (IACSIT)
6. AIRCC Network and Communication Community (NCC)
7. The Society of Digital Information and Wireless Communications (SDIWC)
8. Associate Member of Universal Association of Computer and Electronics Engineers (UACEE).
Editorial Board Member:
Dr. Sudipta Das is Editorial Board member of
1. International journal of Advanced Research in Electronics and Communication Engineering (IJARECE)
2. Journal Engineering, Computers and Applied Sciences (JEC&AS)
3. International Journal of Advancements in Research & Technology (IJOART)
Reviewer of International Journals:
Dr. Sudipta Das is Reviewer of different international journals of repute
1. IET Microwaves, Antennas & Propagation
2. ACES Journal
3. IETE Journal of Research
4. Microwave and Optical Technology Letters
5. International Journal of Electronics and Communication Technology (IJECT)
6. International Journal of Research in Engineering and Technology (IJRET)
7. International Journal of Technological Exploration and Learning (IJTEL)
8. International Journal of Research in Electronics and Computer Engineering (IJRECE)
9. International Journal of Advanced Computer Science and Information Technology (IJACSIT)
10. Engineering Science and Technology: An International Journal (Elsevier)
11. IEEE Transactions on Magnetics etc.
Achievements of Students
1. Sabir Ali from 4th year ECE has attended workshop on Design of Millimeter wave antennas for 5G wireless communication system from 30th June 2017 to 2nd July 2017, IIT-KGP.
2. Bikram Lala from 4th year ECE has successfully completed training on satellite broadcasting from Prasar Bharati
3. Binoy kumar paul from 3rd year ECE has successfully completed training on PCB from skubotics, Kolkata.
4. Binoy kumar paul from 3rd year ECE has successfully completed training on IOT from roboversity, Kolkata and implemented a smart irrigation system.
5. Manash Das from 3rd year ECE has successfully completed training on Introduction to Arduino from Skubotics, Kolkata.
6. Avik sur from 3rd year ECE has successfully completed training on industrial 6 axis robotics from AKGEC, Gaziabad.
7. Avik sur from 3rd year ECE has successfully completed training on mechatronics systems from skyfi labs, Bangalore.
8. Nibedita Kundu from 3rd year ECE has successfully completed training on IOT from Roboversity, Kolkata and implemented a weather monitoring system.
9. Sanju Das from 2nd year ECE has participated in Indian science congress meet in Mumbai.
10. Sanju Das from 2nd year ECE has participated in 22nd national science congress meet in Bangalore.
11. Avijeet Negel, student of ECE department has received Dewang Mehta excellence award for academic excellence.
Research Publications by Students of Department of ECE
1. A. Negel, Sudipta Das, B.Dutta, S.K.Mishra, “Compact microstrip patch antenna with dual frequency tuning characteristics using E-shaped defected ground plane structure”, Journal for foundations and applications of physics, Vol. 4, No.2, pp.48-61, 2017.
2. S. Bhattacharjee, D. Poddar, S. Mukherjee, S. Saurabh, Sudipta Das, “Design of microstrip parallel coupled band pass filter for global positioning system”, Journal of Engineering, Computers & Applied Sciences (JEC&AS), Volume 2, No.5, May 2013, pp-28-32.
3. M. Mohan, Sudipta Das, S. Mahato, A. K. Chowdhury, “Size reduction and bandwidth enhancement of microstrip patch antenna by proper positioning of patch above the defected ground plane”, International journal of innovative research in electrical, electronics, instrumentation and control engineering (IJIREEICE), Vol.01, issue-06, September 2013, PP-265-271.
4. R.K.Singh, Sudipta Das, and A. Kumar, “A Novel Fractal Shaped Slot Loaded Compact Printed Antenna for Wireless Communication Applications”, International Journal of Modern Electronics and Communication Engineering (IJMECE), Vol. 4, Issue No.-1, pp. 12-16, 2016.
5. S.M. M. Rahman, Sudipta Das, V.K.Yadaw, A.P.Ramkanu, A. Karmakar, “New Compact Tri-band Microstrip patch antenna using dual T-shaped slit for Wi-Max and Microwave C band applications”, International journal of Engineering Sciences Research (IJESR),Vol.3, Issue.5, Sept-Oct.2012, Page-786-789.
6. J.P.Burman, A.K.Singh and A.Karmakar,“Novel design of mobile projector with wireless flex sensor keypad and photo sensor keypad ”, International journal of advanced research in electronics and communication engineering, Vol.4, issue 6, pp.1802-1806, 2015.
7. J.P.Burman, “Novel design of low cost flex sensor for automatic controlling of robotic car”, International journal of advanced research in electronics and communication engineering, Vol.4, issue 3, pp.411-413, 2015.
8. R.Saha, S.Kundu, T. Bardhan, Sudipta Das, “Novel Compact Log-Periodic Array Shaped Slotted Microstrip Patch Antenna for Wireless Communication System”, International journal of Emerging trends in Engineering and Development, RS PUBLICATION, Vol.6, Issue2, Sept.2012, Page-402-409.
9. S.Mukherjee, S.Bhattacharya, D.Poddar, S. Saurabh, Sudipta Das, “Design of Wide Band Microstrip Bandstop Filter with Open-Circuited Stubs for Wireless Communication Applications”, International Journal of Electronics Communication and Computer Technology (IJECCT), Vol.2, Issue-6, November, 2012, pp-259-261.
10. V. K. Yadaw, Sudipta Das, S.M. M. Rahman, A.P.Ramkanu, A. Karmakar, “Size Reduction and Bandwidth Enhancement of Rectangular Printed Antenna using triple narrow slits for Wireless Communication System and Microwave X-Band Applications”, International journal of Engineering Research and Applications(IJERA),Vol.2,Issue-5,Sept-Oct,2012,page-1478-1484.
11. S. Ali, B.Lala, S.Das, “Analysis of a multiple notch loaded multifrequency printed antenna”, Journal for foundations and applications of physics, 2018 (communicated)
12. B.Lala, S.Ali, S.Das, “Hammer-shaped slot loaded multiband monopole microstrip patch antenna for wireless communication”, Journal for foundations and applications of physics, 2018 (communicated)
The students of ECE are rigorously guided by the faculty members to pursue and complete their projects on different aspects of Electronics & Communication Engineering such as
vii. Flex sensor
viii. Ultrasonic Sensor
ix. Communication system
x. Wearable Antenna
xi. Digital Signal Processing
xii. Microwave passive component design
xiii. Automation system etc.
List of Some Projects Supervised by the Faculty Members
1. Design of some miniaturized multifrequency broadband microstrip patch antenna for wireless communication application
2. A compact microstrip patch antenna for wireless communication
3. Modified rectangular microstrip patch antenna with multi-faceted ability: frequency tuning, compactness and bandwidth enhancement
4. Design, simulation and fabrication of microstrip low pass and band stop filter for wireless communication
5. Design, simulation and fabrication of wideband microstrip band stop and parallel coupled band pass filter for wireless communication
6. Investigation on slot loaded microstrip patch and ground plane for multiresonant wideband operation
7. Design of some miniaturized multifrequency broadband microstrip patch antenna for wireless communication application
8. Design and optimization of circular patch antenna
9. Design, simulation and fabrication of rectangular microstrip patch antenna for GSM and Wi-Max application
10. Electro model of IMPS college using PIC 18F4520 microcontroller
11. Cell phone detector circuit based on RF
12. Audio transmitter system
13. Simple metal detector
14. Mini programmable logic controller
15. Remote controlled land rover
16. Digital stop watch
17. Brake failure indicator
18. A line follower robot
19. Design of 162A LCD display interfacing and LED blinking using PIC 18F4520 microcontroller
20. Remote controlled fan regulator
21. Automatic railway gate control signaling
22. Ultrasonic radar
23. Microcontroller based code lock
24. Anti theft alarm for bikes
25. Introduction to line following robot
26. Cell phone operated land rover
27. Controlling home appliances using remote
28. Design and implementation of 64 Bit ALU using VHDL
29. Dual tone multifrequency (DTMF) based wireless robot
30. Microcontroller based automatic railway gate controller
31. Microcontroller based temperature controller
32. RF remote control device
33. Speed control and reversal of DC motor with Audrino via Bluetooth module
34. LPG Gas leakage detector using audrino
35. Child monitoring system
36. Password based door lock system
37. Obstacle avoiding robots using ATMEGA8 microcontroller
38. Mini electronics UPS system (DC load) and related application system
39. Detecting power grid synchronization failure on sensing out of range frequency or voltage
40. GSM based electronic notice board system
41. Auto intensity control of street light
42. LDR based electronic security system
43. Automatic water level monitoring and controller using microcontroller circuit
44. Door automation system
45. Automatic washroom light switch
46. Wireless fire alarm system
47. Solar mobile charger
48. Earthquake detector
49. Mobile projection with flex and photo sensor
50. IR Remote control home appliances
51. Audio transmitter system
52. Microcontroller based electronic voting machine
53. Computer controlled car
54. DTMF Controlled home automation system
55. Wireless door bell
56. Wireless (inductive) power transfer
57. Active infrared motion detector
58. Characteristic of spontaneous emission of LED
59. LASER Based voice transmitter and receiver
60. Animatronics hand using flex sensor
61. Wi-Fi controlled robot using ESP 8266 module
62. Line following ROBOT
63. Phototropic ROBOT
64. DTMF Controlled ROBOT
65. Gesture controlled ROBOT
66. Home automation using Bluetooth, Wi-Fi and server
67. Wi-Fi signal jammer
68. Mobile phone detector
69. Voice controlled home automation and robotics application using Smartphone
70. Autonomous quad copter with obstacle avoider using four ultrasonic sensor
Training/Workshops Attended by Faculty Members
1. Dr. Sudipta Das and Mr. Parimal Chowdhury attended professional training on “Mobile Communication System “, organized by GSS, Kolkata.
2. Mrs. Sharmistha Dutta, Mr. Anirban Dutta, Mr.Gopal Dutta and Mr. Parimal Chowdhury attended workshop on “High Impact Teaching Skill” organized by Mission 10X Wipro.
3. Mr. Anirban Dutta and Mr. Gopal Dutta attended workshop on Optoelectronics Devices organized by IIT KGP.
4. Dr. Sudipta Das attended one day seminar on Microstrip Antenna Research: Current Trends , JISCE, Kalyani
5. Dr. Sudipta Das, Mr. Anirban Dutta Mr. Gopal Dutta, Mrs. Sharmistha Dutta, Mr. Parimal Chowdhury and Mr. Himadri Shekhar Panda attended One-day Seminar on “Nano-technology, Electronics & Photonics” at IMPS College of Engineering & Technology, 2013.
6. Mr. Anirban Dutta attended training on Photonics organized by IIT KGP.
7. Mrs. Sharmistha Dutta attended a seminar on “Nanotechnology” organized by Dept. of Electronics and science, CU.
8. Mr. Himadri Sekhar Panda attended training program on “Process control using PLC and DCS”, organized by NITTTR, Kolkata.
9. Mr. Himadri Sekhar Panda attended Faculty development program on “Recent trends in Communication”, organized by BPPIMT, Kolkata.
10. Mr. Himadri Sekhar Panda attended workshop on “Celebration of World year physics and national science day”, organized by KGEC, Kalyani.
11. Mr. Himadri Sekhar Panda attended “National workshop on applied optimization”, organized by CEMK, Kolaghat.
12. Mr.Himadri Sekhar Panda attended National workshop on “Computational tools for Engineers”, organized by CEMK, Kolaghat.
Training Attended by Students The students are continuously encouraged by the faculty members to pursue technical training and also to attend workshops. The students have successfully completed their training from renowned organizations/institutions like
2. PRASAR BHARATI
11. Airport Authority of India
13. All India radio
14. Wing fotech Pvt. Ltd
15. Pulse tone industries
16. Prolific system and technologies Pvt. Ltd
17. IITKGP etc.
Workshop Attended by Students The students are actively participating on different technical workshops such as
1. Arduino programming
2. IOT (internet of Things)
3. PCB design and fabrication
9. Microstrip antenna
11. Embedded technology
12. Digital Communication system
14. Android app development
15. Mobile communication
16. Solar cell etc.
 Title of the Book: “The basic idea of Microstrip filter design for wireless Communication”-Basics, Concepts and Design Methods
Author of the Book: Sudipta Das
ISBN NO: 978-3-659-14093-8
Year of Publication: 2012
Publisher: LAP-Lambert Academic Publisher, GERMANY.
 Title of the Book: “Microstrip Patch Antenna Theory- Analysis and Design”
Author of the Book: Dr. Sudipta Das (Communicated) to LAP- Lambert Academic Publisher, GERMANY.