Home Laboratory Details
Code: CH191 (EE & ECE) / CH291 (CE & CSE)
1. To Determine the alkalinity in a given water sample.
2. Red-ox titration (estimation of iron using permanganometry)
3. To determine calcium and magnesium hardness of a given water sample separately.
4. To determine the value of the rate constant for the hydrolysis of ethyl acetate catalyzed by hydrochloric acid.
5. Heterogeneous equilibrium (determination of partition coefficient of acetic acid between n-butanol and water)
6. Viscosity of solutions (determination of percentage composition of sugar solution from viscosity)
7. Conductometric titration for determination of the strength of a given HCl solution by titration against a standard NaOH solution.
8. pH- metric titration for determination of strength of a given HCl solution against a standard NaOH solution.
9. Determination of dissolved oxygen present in a given water sample.
10. To determine chloride ion in a given water sample by Argentometric method (using chromate indicator solution)
N.B: at least Six experiments must perform in a semester out of above ten experiments.