This is a period of glory for the Computer Science and Engineering profession as the rapidly changing technology creates many opportunities and challenges. Department of Computer Science and Engineering is prepared to meet the challenges and is playing a leadership role in shaping the education of the 21st Century by providing unique educational and research opportunities in the forefront of Computer Science and Engineering. The department of Computer Science and Engineering established in the year 2003 offers UG programs in Computer Science . Computers in Engineering boost up the efficiency more than edge. So, move on with IMPS with greater zeal. The students are focused with the use of conceptual understanding of core domain areas in computing as well as enhanced programming skills disseminating their analytical abilities. Our aim is to provide our students the lifelong learning and leadership skills that enable them to grow in their professions and advance to positions of responsibility by effective Industry-Institute Interaction. The department has an excellent placement records and our students are placed in many prestigious software industries and MNCs. In the department students are prepare for focusing IT industry. Departmental faculties are preparing students for the Campus Interview and a Campus Oriented Program is also arranged for them. Department also appreciate students for higher studies and research. So for this department arrange Mock GATE Exam for students from the Second Year.
As technology develops in leaps and bounds, the opportunities for expanding the field of computing grow even more rapidly. The Computer Science & Engineering Course gives a sound grounding in the fundamentals of computing and an understanding of the underlying engineering principles to enable the students in developing their ability towards analyzing, designing and implementing complex systems and place themselves in greater heights in the changing scenario of the industries.
The key strengths of the department are as follows:
Since the development of the first transistor in 1947 by William Shockley, John Bardeen, and Walter H. Brattain, electronics has exploded. Within a decade after its introduction, the transistor had outpaced existing electronic tubes with higher switching speeds, lower power consumption, and smaller weights and sizes.
Computers are used in almost every aspect of life: automobile engines, microwave ovens, video games, watches, telephones, laptop computers, medical diagnostic equipment, commercial aircraft, and orbital satellites that deliver cable signals around the world. Computers have become tools that perform the immediate, but that's not even quick enough.So, while the computer field is one of the fastest growing segments of industry today, it is also one of the fastest changing areas technologically.
New ideas are developed every day. Success will require an ongoing commitment to maintaining up-to-date knowledge as well as a dedication to push beyond the comfortable, to explore, innovate, and create. Here's a partial list of career opportunities for computer science and engineering graduates:
I welcome all the students & their parents to the Department of Computer Science and Engineering. Computer Science and Engineering is an essence of today’s world. We are committed to providing not only the technical education to our students but also the leadership qualities through which they can create employment to others.
IMPS College of Engineering & Technology has been established with the legacy of 25 years of academic excellence of IMPS Group, as its founding pillar. The sole vision of IMPSCET is to produce good technologies with human values and Indian ethos. At the College, which is a centre of excellence, technology, science & human values are taught side by side. Skill & knowledge relevant to real world problem are inseminated to produce dynamic, socially conscious, sensitive human beings.
IMPS focuses on holistic development of the students by a combination of both curricular and extracurricular activities. We believe that to develop a tender mind we need to go beyond class room teaching and we realize that IMPS, which helps to make the students industry ready.
In computer science you will study and apply your knowledge in understanding what computers are, as how to program them, tools to write a program, the rules when converting the written program understandable by the computers, the interface between the computer and the user, the computer graphics, computer networking, managing the software database, software engineering and testing them efficiently and more. The Department also places emphasis on all the important aspects of computers such as High speed networks, Soft Computing, Algorithm Design, Network Security, Advance database systems, Theory of computation and many more. The Department also takes initiative to improve the soft skills, analytical capabilities and verbal communication of the students so that they can face the competition in the corporate world confidently.
The excellent infrastructure, teaching faculty of the best kind of the Department ensuring quality education such as interaction among students, parents and staff, along with a Training and Placement Cell ensures a bright future to its students. The Department of CSE is striving hard towards the goal of providing innovative and quality education with high standard to achieve academic excellence and provides platform for the students to achieve their career goals.
The Department has a team of highly experienced and motivated faculty members who are in the process of tuning the young minds to make them globally competitive. Innovative methods of teaching and learning process are adopted to achieve learning abilities through practice, exposure and motivation. Department has an excellent infrastructural and computing facilities and provides a conducive environment to promote academic and research excellence in the department. Above all, the entire teaching fraternity of the Department of Computer Science and Engineering look forward to the holistic growth of the department and they aim at doing something extraordinarily remarkable in the academic arena of Computer Science and Engineering.
I congratulate to the team of faculty members and the students for their brilliant and original efforts. I wish all the Students and Faculty a great academic career.
Mr. Debasis Mandal
Head of the Department,
Computer Science and Engineering,
IMPS CET, Malda.
1. Debasis Mandal, Amit Kumar Sen, Tanmoy Bose and Dipak Kumar Dutta attended workshop on High Impact Teaching Skill organized by Mission 10X Wipro.
2. Debasis Mandal attended training on Hardware Engineering & Linux, Matlab, Photoshop CS-4,DB-2.
3. Tanmoy Bose attended training on Oracle 9i PL / SQL from Oracle.
4. Mainak Adhikary and Tanmoy Bose attended training on Prospect of Cloud Computing in NERIST.
5. Mainak Adhikary attended training on Advance Computational Technology in JIS Engg. College.
6. Amit Kumar Sen attended A Silver Jubilee workshop on Introduction to Geometric Algorithm organized by Department of Computer Science & Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur.
7. Amit Kumar Sen attended a Training on Quick Development of Algorithms in Digital Signal Processing & Image Processing organized by C-DAC, Kolkata.
8. Amit Kumar Sen attended Program on Soft Computing approach in Cryptography by Information Technology Department, Kalyani Govt. Engineering College.
9. Debasis Mandal, Amit Kumar Sen, Tanmoy Bose, Mainak Adhikary, Dipak Kumar Dutta and Shivaji Nath attended a trining on Advance Java.
10. Amit Kumar Sen and Tanmoy Bose attended one day workshop on MATLAB and Simulink Toolboxes organized by St. Xavier's College.
11. Amit Kumar Sen attended 5 days orientation classes on 3D Animation and Visual effects conducted by Frameboxx.
In the two days Workshop on India's First Cloud Computing Championship(14th & 15th March-2015) three students from the Department of CSE and one student from ECE had secured the 1st, 2nd ,3rd & 4th position respectively. They got an opportunity to participate in the Grand Finale of India's First Cloud Computing Championship- 2015 which was held at IIT-Bhubaneswar where they had to compete with around 250 Groups from different Colleges all around India.
1. Computer Science Department organized Advanced Java Training a 120 hours Training on Advanced Java Training at our college campus from 29th August to 21st October, 2014 which was conducted by IPMSCET in Association with MCA PL.
2. Computer Science Department organized a one day Seminar on Android at the Institute.
3. Computer Science Department organized a Three-days Workshop on Fedora (O.S) and Python at the Institute.
Computer science is a branch of engineering that deals with the scientific study of computers and their usage like computation, data processing, systems control, advanced algorithmic properties, and artificial intelligence. The study of computer science includes programming, design, analysis and theory. Computer Science Engineering Projectsinvolve designing and development of various application-based software. Computer science project topics can be implemented by a number of tools such as Java, .NET, Oracle, etc. The list of computer science project ideas is as follows.
Under The Guidance Of The Respective Faculties Of CSE Department Students Have Successfully Implemented Some Software Such As :
1.Website Of IMPSCET
2.Central Library Of IMPSCET
3. Accounts Software Of IMPSCET.
And Many More....
Journal/ Conference Paper Published:
1. Debasis MandalOptimal Scheduling of Task on a Digital Microfluidic Biochips Published in International Journal of Electronics Communication and Computer Engineering, ISSN (Online):2249–071X ISSN (Print):2278–4209, Volume–4, Issue-3, May-2013.
2. Debasis Mandal Node Scheduling In Wireless Sensor Network to RemoveData Conflict Published in International Journal of Electronics Communication and Computer Engineering, ISSN (Online):2249–071X, ISSN (Print): 2278–4209, Volume–4, Issue-3, May-2013.
3. Debasis Mandal, Narayan Changder, Samir RayA NOVEL PLACEMENT AND SCHEDULING SCHEME FOR MICROFLUIDIC BIOCHIPS in Proc. of two-days All India Seminar on Role of ICT in Improving Quality of life, March-2010, INSTITUTE OF ENGINEERS(INDIA). Gokhale Road, Kolkata-700020.
4. Debasis Mandal Performance Analysis of Image Quality of MPEG Video with Neuro-Fuzzy method over BLUETOOTH Published in International Journal of Advanced Research in Computer Science and Software Engineering, ISSN: 2277 -128X, Volume-3, Issue-9, September-2013.
5. Debasis Mandal, Mainak Adhikary, Amit Kumar Sen Fuzzy Mining Approach for Gene Clustering and Gene Function Prediction Published in International Journal of Computer Science and Mobile Computing, ISSN: 2320-088X, Volume-3, Issue-1, September-2014.
6. Amit Kumar Sen, Subhadip Mukherjee, Amlan Chakrabarti Satellite Image Fusion using Window based PCA published at Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing, Springer, Volume 249, 2014.
7. Amit Kumar Sen, Subhadip Mukherjee, Amlan Chakrabarti Modified PCA based image fusion and its quality measure at Journal of computing, April 2011, Issue-3, and Volume-4.
8. Kunal Chakraborty, Amit Kumar Sen, Rahul Dev Basak Design of Advance state feedback controller for three tank liquid filled dynamic system Association of Computer, Electronics & Electrical Engineering.
9. Sourav Banerjee, Mainak Adhikary, DipansuMondal, UtpalBiswas, Smart Task Assignment Model for Cloud Service Provider Special Issue of International Journal of Computer Applications (0975–8887) on Advanced Computing and Communication Technologies for HPC Applications-ACCTHPCA, pp.43–46, June 2012.
10. Sourav Banerjee, Mainak Adhikary, UtpalBiswas, Advanced Task Scheduling for Cloud Service Provider Using Genetic Algorithm IOSR Journal of Engineering , PP.153-159, Volume 2, Issue 7,July,2012, ISSN: 2250-3021.
11. Sourav Banerjee, Mainak Adhikary, DipansuMondal, UtpalBiswas,Service Delivery improvement for the Cloud Service Providers and Customers International Journal of Computer Applications (0975–8887), pp.20-23,Vol-51, August 2012.
12. Sourav Banerjee, Mainak Adhikary, UtpalBiswas, Development of a Smart Job Allocation Model for a Cloud Service Provider ICBIM,2014, (yet to be published in IEEE Xplore).
13. Debasis Mandal A New Statistical Approach for Image Fusion Techniques Published in International Jouranl of Computer science and Engineering Technology, ISSN 2229345 Volume-6, Issue-1,January-2015.
14. Mainak Adhikary, Biometrics in Cloud Computing IGI Publication, US.